Plumbers are important for undertaking some of the most important jobs such as repairing broken taps, fixing leaking sewage systems, repairing water heaters etc. With this in mind it is important to ensure that you only choose the best for quality and professional service. With hundreds of plumbers around, it can be difficult to know how to choose the best.
Listed below are important tips to help you choose the best plumber in your area.
Factors to consider when choosing a plumber
1. Licensing – Plumbers are required to have the necessary licensing to operate. Does your plumber have the correct solar hot water and hot water license endorsements? Make sure that the plumber you choose is licensed with the relevant authorities. Anyone can open a plumbing company and claim to be genuine. Always do your homework and check for licensing and relevant certificates to avoid a dodgy tradie.
2. Years in business – Ideally a plumber who has been in business will provide better services than a new plumber will. Choose a plumber who has more than three years in the industry. Inquire about the plumber’s recent customers and make sure to talk to them. Talking to previous customers will let you know how the plumber works and if they are reliable and professional.
3. Pricing – Get quotes from different plumbers. Compare and choose the most reasonably priced plumber. Different plumbers will charge differently depending on location, experience etc.
4. Warranty – Choose a plumber who can guarantee their work for up to one year or more. A warranty ensures that you get free checkups and repairs in case of future problems with the plumbing service or materials.
5. Insurance – In their line of work anything may go wrong. For instance the plumber could fall or damage your items. When this happens insurance will help protect you from any damages or liabilities. In addition the plumber will be able to pay you back for any broken or damaged possessions.
6. Availability – Plumbing emergencies can happen anytime day or night. It is important to ensure that the plumber you choose is available 24-7 in case of an emergency.
With so many plumbers around, it pays to do your homework before choosing one. Find references and take your time to ensure that you choose a quality, professional and affordable plumber. It is important to ensure that you choose a plumber you can trust.
You don’t want to go shopping for a plumber in the middle of an emergency. Find a good plumber and keep them.